Basement Floor Coatings in Davenport, Bettendorf & Nearby
Polyaspartic Floor Coatings for Quad Cities Basements
Are you looking for basement flooring that looks great and lasts a long time? Hello Garage of Eastern Iowa has the solution! Whether your basement is used for storage, recreation, work or as extra living space, our SparTek™ polyaspartic basement floor coating might be just what you need. In addition to a beautiful, granite-like look, polyaspartic concrete floor coatings offer superior durability, are easy to clean and can be installed in just one day!
Contact Hello Garage of Eastern Iowa today to learn more about our basement floor coating! We're proud to offer free estimates to Iowa homeowners in Iowa City, Bettendorf, Davenport and throughout the Quad Cities area. Call us at 1-844-645-0056 or reach out online to schedule yours!
Why install a floor coating instead of carpet, tile or wood?
There are plenty of options to choose from when it comes to picking a floor covering for your basement. For most people, the decision comes down to wall-to-wall carpet, tile or wood. But there's another to consider: polyaspartic floor coatings. Featuring a granite-like finish, this type of flooring is just as good-looking as it is durable. Better yet, it can be installed in about a day and be ready to use after 24 hours.
One of the biggest benefits of polyaspartic coatings is that they're completely impermeable to moisture. This detail makes them the ideal choice for basements, which are often prone to moisture-related issues such as mold and mildew. Since they're waterproof, polyaspartic coatings are also an excellent option for laundry rooms.
Basement Floor Coating
Our experts completely transformed this homeowner's basement with our long-lasting polyaspartic floor coating.
What is polyaspartic?
Polyaspartic coatings aren't new. They've actually been around for quite some time and are often used in industrial and commercial applications. They're commonly used in the automotive industry for truck bed liners and factories, as well as in airplane hangers, hospitals and other high-traffic settings. That means polyaspartic coatings are durable enough to withstand years of abuse — and look good while doing it!
So, what makes polyaspartic so tough? We're glad you asked! Unlike other floor coatings that simply lay on top of concrete, polyaspartic actually becomes one with the concrete. The bond between the two is so strong that laboratory stress tests show the concrete will fail before the polyaspartic coating can be separated from it. Talk about durability!
Why not an epoxy floor coating?
When people think of floor coatings, epoxy is often the first to spring to mind. While polyaspartic and epoxy coatings both form a hard, protective surface, that's where the similarity ends. Learn how epoxy compares to polyaspartic below.
- UV Stability: When exposed to the sun, epoxy begins to yellow and fade over time. Polyaspartic coatings are UV-stable, meaning your basement floor coating will look just as beautiful years down the road as it did the day it was installed.
- Concrete Bonding: Epoxy coatings have a thick, molasses-like consistency that sits on top of the concrete. Polyaspartic coatings have a thin, water-like consistency that runs when applied. This allows the coating to find every nook and cranny and become one with the concrete below.
- Cost: Although epoxy may seem inexpensive compared to polyaspartic, there's more to consider than the upfront cost. Epoxy is much more prone to damage than polyaspartic, so it may need to be reinstalled several times over its lifespan whereas polyaspartic requires a single application. With that in mind, a polyaspartic basement floor coating is the more cost-effective option.
- Durability: When fully cured, epoxy floors can be very brittle. If you drop a heavy tool on it, there's a good chance the coating will crack. Water can then seep through the crack and get under the coating, leading to delamination and other problems. Polyaspartics, on the other hand, remain pliable once cured and are much more resistant to sudden impacts.
- Lifetime Warranty: Unlike other coatings that claim to be polyaspartic, our SparTek floor coating is 100 percent polyaspartic. Because of that, every installation includes a Lifetime Warranty. Good luck finding that from an epoxy floor installer!
Professional Results Require Professional Installation
So, what's the catch? There's just one! To achieve high-quality, long-lasting results, polyaspartic coatings need to be installed by experienced professionals. That's because surface preparation is absolutely critical to a successful installation. We're talking heavy-duty industrial-grade grinders and other specialized equipment that most general contractors and neighborhood handymen simply don't have.
This is important to keep in mind because not everyone who claims to install polyaspartic floor coatings has the tools, experience or training to do it right. Long story short: polyaspartic is better than epoxy, but polyaspartic installed by an experienced crew is better than polyaspartic installed by your average general contractor.
Schedule a free basement floor coating estimate today!
Ready to upgrade your home with a beautiful basement floor coating? Contact the floor coating experts at Hello Garage of Eastern Iowa today! Call us at 1-844-645-0056 or get in touch online to schedule a consultation and free estimate with one of our Garage Gurus.
Hello Garage of Eastern Iowa proudly serves Iowa homeowners throughout Quad Cities, including Davenport, Bettendorf, Iowa City, Moline, Cedar Rapids, Rock Island, Marion, Coralville, North Liberty, Muscatine and the surrounding area.